Strise is a fast-growing scale-up based in Oslo. We have built groundbreaking Know Your Customer (KYC) Intelligence System to help banks fight financial crime. Our AI technology connects insights about B2B customers providing valuable information to major financial institutions such as SpareBank 1, Danske Bank, and Nordea, to mention a few. As we are determined to become a leading voice in the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and compliance sector, we have created The Laundry, a podcast with over 4 000 monthly streams where we challenge the status quo for how AML work is done today. We are joined by exciting guests with whom we dive deep into the AML value chain and discuss how new technology can help solve the global problem of almost $ 2 trillion.
You can read more information about The Laundry here: https://www.strise.ai/the-laundry-podcast
This position is based in Oslo, Norway.
What we're looking for:
As an Internal Journalist and Media Manager at Strise, you will be given the unique opportunity to create, build, and expand Strise Media with a primary focus on The Laundry Podcast, and in addition, work to make media content that supports and promote the podcast such as newsletters, live events, and other media products that help us reach thousands of Ideal Customer Profiles (ICPs). You will be tasked with finding topics, guests, and speakers for the podcast, developing new and innovative ideas to grow and develop our media strategy, and working strategically to make The Laundry a unique competitive advantage for Strise. By 2025, we want you to have transformed our media channels into one of the most formidable information hubs for AML and Compliance professionals, and we also see the potential of the role to develop into a Head of Communications for Strise.
What you will do:
- Develop and execute the Strise Media strategy to build and expand the media channels with a primary focus on The Laundry Podcast, and manage supporting media content such as live events, newsletters, social media posts, etc.
- Research and identify potential guests and speakers for The Laundry Podcast and collaborate with them to create high-quality content.
- Take lead on the development of The Laundry concept (Podcast as of now) internationally.
- Plan, create, and produce engaging and informative content across various media channels, including but not limited to The Laundry Podcast, live events, YouTube, TikTok, etc.
- Manage and coordinate the production process of podcast episodes, including pre-production, recording, post-production, and publishing.
- Analyze data and insights to evaluate the performance of the media channels and recommend ways to improve and grow them.
- Develop relationships with industry leaders, media outlets, and journalists to expand the reach and influence of Strise Media.
- Closely follow industry trends in the AML, KYC, and compliance space and make sure Strise Media stays up-to-date and relevant.
To succeed in this role, we believe you have one or more of the following:
- Ability to plan, create and produce high-quality content across various media channels, preferably having some experience in producing/hosting a podcast.
- You enjoy storytelling, choosing story angles, and deep diving into new topics and trends.
- 3+ years of experience working hands-on with media and storytelling as a journalist, content creator, producer, PR manager, or similar roles.
- Knowledge of various social media platforms and how to use them effectively to reach target audiences.
- Ideally, you are someone have a good understanding of AML and Financial Crime, But if not, you’re a fast learner ready to dive headfirst into the AML world and become a student in the space to bring credibility to our media channels.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to pitch a complex topic in an understandable way.
- Competitive salary package and option agreements for all employees.
- An opportunity to join and impact a fast-growing scale-up with global ambitions in the field of anti-money laundering and build Strise media with your own competence and creativity.
- Hybrid working set-up with common lunch.
- Central office, located in the middle of Torggata, Oslo.
- We have the best social committee in the business. Fact. Whether it’s company activities, after-work catch-ups, or sports you’re interested in, we’re focused on making Strise a great place to be and to keep hiring great people to work with.